As part of the High-Potential Apprenticeship Program in Software Engineering at Elewa, you will sharpen your skills working with many of the most modern technologies currently available worldwide. Technologies and practices include TypeScript, Angular 8+, Firebase, Node.JS, Functional Programming, Declarative Programming, Discrete Mathematics & Statistics, Firebase, PWA, Machine Learning & AI, Natural Language Processing, Design Thinking, Data Visualization, Agile Development, …
During this job, there will be time will be allocated for theoretical learning as well as practical programming and software development. Due to the advanced nature of the skills gained on the job, this job is a two-year commitment. After the apprenticeship, you will have the chance to join Elewa’s & partner companies’ elite circle of technical consultants with dedicated growth paths depending on your interests
- You will, in stages, develop increasingly complex solutions to solve needs in the education sector in East-Africa and beyond.
- You will develop and maintain a single codebase that will be deployed to both Web, Android and Desktop applications.
- You will develop backend solutions that understand and process language and that offer a rich user experience over text.
- You will develop and apply advanced mathematical and technological reasoning skills that can be applied practically towards solving some of these challenges.
- You will develop and apply an understanding and applicative use of a wide range of different technologies and software development techniques and practices that are cutting-edge but not widespread in the current Kenyan market.
- You will develop and apply advanced principles of software architectural and SOLID development.
- You will work collaboratively within a team of peers and technical consultants in modern organizational structures to quickly iterate on and output solutions for our customers.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an ambitious and dependable person, hungry for personal growth and capable of taking responsibility. You should be an open-minded person that challenges all knowledge and assumptions and that is inspired to solve the problems of today’s societies.
We are looking for graduating students with a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or people with the same qualifications and under five years of work experience.
You must be able to show past work you have done for clients or real-world usage and have strong analytical, critical thinking, reasoning, communication and problem-solving skills.
We are looking for holistic individuals that show a high potential for rapid personal development
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build relationships with people.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand Elewa’s big picture.
- An eye for design and a passion for UI/UX, going beyond building User Interfaces but expressed in everything you do including the code you write.
What we can offer
We offer you a flexible and friendly work environment in which you have the opportunity to learn at light speeds.
We provide a salary to enable you to fully focus on the program. We provide you with knowledge and skills that are highly advanced and a personal ambitious training plan. We provide benefits and support in personal projects and development.
Finally, we offer you a unique opportunity to become part of a unique highly-skilled international network of software developers, architects and technical consultants.
Interested candidates should apply by end of day 29th of June 2020
Discover what we do in other parts of the world
© Elewa Company Ltd., all rights reserved. Education Upgraded®