The finance consultant will provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management expertise to support financial management and decision-making, advice the company concerning its financial and operational goals, manage compliance and manage the operational accounting aspects. This is a part-time (1-2 days/week) role. Agencies are encouraged to apply as well.
- Manage preparation, co-ordination and control of budget including budget forecasts and budget tracking.
- Manage cash flow projections and actual cash analysis.
- Variance analysis of cost centers.
- Manage cost centers for business units.
- Ensure periodic bank reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Ensure monthly trial balances and final accounts are correctly done i.e. income, expenditure & balance sheet.
- Ensure banking of staff salary checks in their individual bank accounts as well as payment of all statutory deductions as per legal provisions.
- Ensure proper filing of all check and cash payment vouchers.
- Ensure proper and updated financial records for the organization.
- Provide periodic financial reports.
- Oversee office petty cash management, i.e. receipts and disbursements.
- Ensure that the organization does not suffer any financial or material loss through closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control.
- Ensure safekeeping of all unused check books.
- Ensure that periodic inventory counts are undertaken so as to include inventory in the books of accounts.
- Carry out periodic internal audit and prepare audit reports clearly stipulating the findings and recommendations.
- Take part in the preparation and process of external audits and improvements as per recommendations.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all the financial related legal, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the organization’s Financial Policy and Procedures and generally accepted accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the organization compliance with all Kenya Revenue Authority requirements.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organizations mission and vision especially on matters finance.
Background, competencies and attributes
(Knowledge, skills and abilities may have been acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training)
Level of education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounts or other relevant disciplines
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: Must hold a professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, or CA and be a member of relevant professional body.
Job experience: At least three (3) years’ experience as a general financial consultant two (2) of which must be in Audit.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to build relationships with people.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand Elewa’s big picture.
- Experience with financial forecasts and cost-benefit analysis’s.
Interested candidates should apply by end of day 24th May 2020
Discover what we do in other parts of the world
© Elewa Company Ltd., all rights reserved. Education Upgraded®